Budget of £6000
Main wishes for budget to be spent on – Catering and Ceremony, and the rest as follows:
- Church ceremony in childhood location, a few selected hymns, and short readings, Bells, and a small Choir
- Photographer to capture from Beginning through to the Evening festivities
- Order Of Service designed, created and sent for printing
- Jaguar Wedding Car with Ribbons
- Red, White and Black Colours – Bridal Party, Groomsmen, Decor, Cake and Tables
- Limited Floral arrangements, only small artificial bouquets made by the bride and the buttonholes ordered in.
- Large function room with attached and secure outside area preferred
- Reception Drinks on the Large Patio leading off of the function room consisting of Bucks Fizz or Orange Juice
- Couples favorite Movies and wedding colour themed Tables and Seating Plan
- Movie themed background music playlist during the Wedding Breakfast – put together and arranged together
- Fully laden 3 Meat Carvery Feast with all the trimmings for 60 Guests
- Individual Chocolate cupcakes with red icing and black sugar balls
- Speeches, Cutting of the cake, First Dance
- Followed by Dancing until Late under Disco lighting and a luxury Evening Buffet for 150
- Accommodation for travelling guests, plus Additional nights at the Hotel for the Bride and Groom, arrangement of cases to and from
- Late Night Bar
How did it pan out?
Considering that the wedding was pulled forward by 3 months due to some unforeseen change in Church renovation work dates, we managed to make changes, change suppliers, get our hands dirty and alter some wishes so the wedding was a complete success and we came in within Budget – Just!
( Please note: The costs shown are approximate, do not reflect current prices and the savings shown are based on the lowest quotes received by us at the time, this should not be used as a costing basis for your own event )
- Church Ceremony – £700 – inclusive of Legalities, Documentation, Banns, Bells, Rehearsal, Service itself and Choir.
- Catering, reception venue, and drinks Package– £2700
- Bride and Groom accommodation– £400
- Formal Hire wear – £900
5. Wedding Car £250
6. Bridesmaids Dresses, shrugs and accessories £250 (individually sourced so cost saving of £250)
7. Cake – Gifted (cost saved approx £300)
8. Photographer – Gifted (cost saved approx £950)
9. DJ – Gifted (cost saved £450)
10. Hair and Makeup – Gifted (cost saved approx £300)
(Hair; Heidi Janes. Makeup; Makeup by Lorna.)
11. Dessert cupcakes – Gifted (cost saved £50)
12. Brides Gown – £300 basic dress fully customized and altered by bride (cost saved as per original boutique booked dress of £1000)
13. Chair Covers, table cloths and Sashes £150 – dropped and collected service, room dressed by Liliana Fae Events (cost saved £100)
14 – 26. Order of Service, Invitations, Post Box, Garlands, Photo boards, Table centerpieces, table plan, place cards, Table names, Favours, Flowers for bridal party, button holes, Brides accessories, – Either DIY by Bridal Party, Family, Liliana Fae Events, or sourced via auctions sites, and sales. Approx cost of these pieces £300 (overall cost saving of approx £300)
27. Brides Shoes £50 (Debenhams Bridal sale so a cost saving of £50)
Final Costed in at just under – £6000!
The cost of this wedding, had it all been sourced, and quotes given by suppliers used fully, would have been around £9750 and so an overall saving of £3,750.00
With a little bit of thinking outside of the box, focusing on your main features and asking for help from those who can – you really can stick to budget.
Heidi Janes Hair, Makeup by Lorna, Holiday Inn Group, Geronimo Disco, Cupcakes by the Maid of Honour, Cake by Mother of the bride, Brides Gown sourced and then altered by Bride, Photography By Ray Photographer, First Look Fashions, Shimmer Bridal, Hobbycraft, Diamond Chair Covers, Piece of Cake, Special Day Cars, Travelodge.
Liliana Fae – Flower assistance, Seating Plan, Ceremony and Reception arrangements and co-ordination, decoration of venue, Co-ordination of invitations, Table’ Names’ movie themed, sourced goods and services, arranged fittings and meetings, Arranged on the day co-ordination, arrival and departure of guests, Room allocation assistance.